Elkhart, the third largest city in northern Indiana, is located just east of South Bend, an Indiana toll road.
- South Bend Airport (SBN IATA), located about 27 mi (43 km) northwest of the city center, is near the border between the northern part of Indiana and Michigan. The airport is easily accessible to U.S. flight 80/90 and 20/31.
- 1 Elkhart Airport (EKI IATA), 2246 Airport Dr., ☏+1 574 264-5217. There is no scheduled flight.
- Interstate 80 and 90 (also called Indiana Tor Road) can easily access Elhart from the west and east by car. It connects Chicago in the west and Toledo in the east. The exits to Elkhart on the Indiana toll road are State Road 19 (Elkhart) and County Road 17 (Elkhart East).
- The US 20 is accessible mainly from the West and East locations. It is connected to South Bend in the west and Toledo in the east.
- The U.S. 33 mainly provides access from the southeast. It is connected to Goshen and Fort Wayne.
- State Road 19 is primarily accessible by moving its location north and south. It connects Peru in the south and Michigan in the north.
- The County Road 17 mainly provides access from the north and south locations. It is connected to Goshen in the south and Michigan in the north.
- Interurban Trolley is a local intercity that connects Elhart to nearby cities of Goshchen and Mishawaka. The Inter-Urban Trolley connects the TRANSPO bus system in the Minami Bend Mishiwaka area and connects the southern coastline and the Minami Bend Regional Airport.
- The Greyhound Bus stops at the northern section of the city.
There are two daily services: Capitol Limited, between Chicago and Washington, and Lake Shore Limited, between Chicago and Boston and New York. 2 131 Tyler Avenue. Although the Inter-Urban Trolley stops around the station one block north on Harrison Street, it does not run in the late morning or early morning when most trains arrive. There are only a few traffic routes from the station to the city, so you should call a taxi or prepare to meet someone.
It's easy to drive back and forth between Elhart and most of the streets are two-way. Along the St. John's River, the railroad is so busy that it's difficult to travel north and south. Although the road hardly crosses the mountain path, the crossing track crosses the pass, so be careful of low bridges.
- The InterUrban Trolley local intercity connects ElHart with nearby cities of Goshen and Mishawaka. The Inter-Urban Trolley connects the Transpobase System in the Minami Bend Mishiwaka area and connects to the southern coastline and the Minami Bend Regional Airport.
- 1 Nakanishi American Art Museum 429S Main Center, .
- 2 N.Y. Central Railway Museum Main☏ St 574 294-3001. Tu-Sa 10AM-5PM, Su Noon to 4:00 p.m. It is a museum with many interesting exhibits about the history of railways in this area.
- 3Temiar Museum, 302 E Beardsley Ave, .
- 4 RV/MH Hall of Fame
- On the southeast side of the city of 1 Concord Mall, there is an old type of closed shopping mall. It is located 33 in the U.S. and 20 in the U.S., and there are many national chains nearby.
- 1 523 Tap & Grill, 523 S Main Center, 574 .
- Ricky Takeria, 57995 Co Rd 9, . 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on weekdays (9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. on weekends). Squinty, real Terrier with a hearty Mexican set meal.
The hotel is gathered along the exit from Interstate 80 to Elkhart. There are no major hotels in downtown.
- WNDU 16 NBC
- WSBT 22 CBS
- WCW 25 CW
- WSJV 28 FOX
- WNIT 34 PBS
- WBND 57 ABC
- WMYS 69 My Network
- https://www.elkharttruth.com/ Elkhart Truth] A daily newspaper in Elkhart.
- Goshen News Another daily news for the area.
- Paper The Paper is a free newspaper that is published every Tuesday.
The south bend is 15 minutes away.
|Chicago Samba←||W E||→Toledo, Cleveland|
|Chicago Samba←||W E||→ Brian →Toledo|
|South Bend Samao←||W E||→ Jct N S →Bryan→ Toledo|
|South Bend Samao←||W E||→Angola →Toledo|
|End Left||northeastern region SE||→Goshen → Fort Wayne|